Saturday, August 27, 2016

Leave if you must...

Sometimes we have to leave. We are the only ones we can control and so it becomes our duty to leave a situation that is not healthy or is unjust. 

When people refuse to respect your boundaries, leave. I'm not saying don't try to work it out by discussing it, but if there is no chance of a healthy discussion, leave. Leave people, places, things, jobs, doctors, relationships, friendships, homes, exercise routines, clubs, whatever you can think of. 

A quote comes to mind...
I think it goes something like this, "You're not a tree. You can move." There is no law that says you have to continually endure unhealthy situations. Move. Leave. Walk away.

Perks of being a counselor?
Being able to give myself permission to practice what I preach. I'm out. 👊🏽

No comments: